The most important aspect in PR is staying relevant with the content. Social media is one of the most effective channels to spread the content. In today’s digital day and age most people access news through their cellular devices or the internet. It’s important to incorporate digital technology when creating content. Content is important because it’s a means to create consumer engagement through storytelling. Content is also what ultimately drives leads and sales. You need to put thought and structure behind the content you create.
- Know Your Audience: It’s important to get a good understanding of your audience. Analyze you consumer demographic, interests, needs, mindsets, and behaviors. You can also do industry research, focus groups, and brand surveys using social monitoring software and Facebook Custom Audience
- Provide Value: Your content should highlight long-term awareness and brand recall. Your brand should be with the consumer at every step till final purchase.
- Expand Your Conversation: Shift focus from the importance of the brand to what your brand can do for consumers. You can broaden conversation by creating content pillars that represent the brand’s core environment and its application.
- Look Beyond Facebook and Twitter: Create content through owned, earned, and paid methods across a variety of channels rather than just facebook or twitter
- Know Your Dimensions: Focus on understanding the various dimension of each channel for spreading your content and how accessible you make it.
- Don’t Ignore the SEO Impact: It is equally important to enhance the ranking of your content. There are several key factors to take into consideration such as lead traffic and how to generate links
- Measure Success: Before you begin writing your content determine the objective and metrics you will use to measure performance such as awareness, consumption, engagement, actions, and SEO impact
To read the Original Article, click here: http://www.clickz.com/clickz/column/2332197/7-tips-for-managing-and-maximizing-content-in-social-media